1. Only the participants who submitted the required number of cut-outs of Sudoku Puzzle published in the Philippine Star are entitled to join the Elimination Round of the 6th Philippine Sudoku Super Challenge (PSSC). They can only participate in the category they are qualified in: Sudoku Grand Master (tertiary students/professionals), Sudoku Wizard (high school students) and Sudoku Whiz Kid (elementary pupils).
2. The elimination round has three (3) rounds and the participants at this stage are given 120 minutes or 2 hours to answer all the given puzzles which come in ascending difficulty. All the participants have the chance to advance to the next level or round if they successfully answer correctly at least 50 % of the Sudoku puzzles in each round. Thus, a participant is considered eliminated if he/she fails to answer correctly at least 50% of the puzzles in every round.
|Rounds||Sudoku Puzzles||Points / Puzzle||Minutes||Bonus Points||Remarks|
|First||MINI SUDOKU 4 X 4, STANDARD SUDOKU, ARROW DIRECTION SUDOKU, FUTOSHIKI SUDOKU||5||25||1st- 25 points 2nd - 20 points 3rd - 15 points 4th - 10 points 5th - 5 points||The first five fastest puzzlers who finish answering correctly all the puzzles before the allotted time get corresponding bonus points.|
|Second||MINI SUDOKU 6 X 6, STANDARD SUDOKU, ODD/EVEN SUDOKU 9X9, FRAME SUDOKU, DIAGONAL SUDOKU||10||40||1st- 50 points 2nd - 40 points 3rd - 30 points 4th - 20 points 5th - 10 points||The first five fastest puzzlers who finish answering correctly all the puzzles before the allotted time get corresponding bonus points.|
|Third||MINI SUDOKU8 X 8, STANDARD SUDOKU, IRREGULAR SUDOKU 9 X 9, KILLER SUDOKU, CHAMPIONS SUDOKU, CONSECUTIVE SUDOKU||15||45||1st- 100 points 2nd - 80 points 3rd - 60 points 4th - 40 points 5th - 20 points||The first five fastest puzzlers who finish answering correctly all the puzzles before the allotted time get corresponding bonus points.|
3. In determining the 1st placer of each category, the sum of scores in every round of every qualifier shall be added and ranked accordingly. Only the 1st placer shall represent the region in the National Finals. Other participants may be considered as national finalists in a case to case basis, that is, whose scores are equally impressive.
4. In case of a tie, the technical committee will provide a fair and just scheme to break it.
5. The technical committee reserves the right to change or improve any part of the mechanics of the contest without prior notice to the participants for as long as the change/s will not affect the purpose or objective of the contest.
6. The top three winners in every category shall receive Certificates of High Distinction and are qualified for the National Finals which will be held in SM North EDSA on January 28, 2012.
7. In the event a situation arises not covered by any rules or mechanics of this contest, the members of the Technical Committee shall determine the final judgment and pronouncement.
8. The decision of the Board of Judges is final and irrevocable..